Monday, October 5, 2009

I love TV

Here's a list of the shows I am currently watching.

Weekend shows: Merlin, Dexter, and Three Rivers

Mondays: The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, House, Gossip Girl (tbh, I only watch for Chuck and Blair), Castle

Tuesdays: Currently nothing since Melrose Place is so boring I stopped watching, but V starts up soon... hopefully it's good.

Wednesdays: Glee and Eastwick

Thursdays: The Office, The Vampire Dairies, Supernatural, Grey's Anatomy, Fringe, Bones, Private Practice, Community, It's Always Sunny...

Fridays: Dollhouse

And there are at least 10 more US shows that I watch that haven't started airing new episodes yet, and the shows like True Blood, Weeds, and Warehouse 13 that are over for the season already. Then all of the British shows I watch that will start up again soon.

Why are there so many awesome shows on Thursday nights? FOX sucks for moving Fringe and Bones to Thursdays. How I wish they were Tuesday night shows!

Moving on from TV...

I'd been debating adopting a soldier (Army) through Any Soldier for a while now. I was browsing the site at work a few weeks ago and finally picked one. I filled up a Priority Flat Rate box with assorted granola bars, microwavable meals (Easy Mac cups and Hormel meals), drink mix-ins, instant coffee, hot cocoa mix, magazines, books, a DVD, a toothbrush, and a letter. This particular group of soldiers are lucky enough to have electricity. The next box I send them will have hygiene products. It's not wise to mix food with smelly soaps... And because packing and sending that package was so much fun, I decided to adopt another group of soldiers (Air Force) today. I've already started another box for them. They specifically requested books, which makes me happy, because I love to read. A nice lady over at Paperbackswap donated a credit for me to order a book to send in a care package. I ordered Storm Front by Jim Butcher, because it's something I've already read and liked, but also something I think both men and women would want to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment